23 December 2010
We can’t believe 2010 is coming to a close. It was a very busy year for Knock Foundation, during which much progress was made. In spite of the tough economic times, we managed to raise funds in an amount commensurate with 2009. As we close out this year, we ask that you make a commitment to Knock Foundation so we can continuing expanding our reach and providing opportunities for more people in the coming year.
In 2010, Knock Foundation…
- Constructed the brand new Matumaini Children’s and Community Center in Rau, Tanzania from start to finish.
- Provided 15 bright and deserving individuals with the opportunity of education through educational scholarships.
- Completed a medical mission to Kisumu, Kenya where participating physicians performed numerous surgeries and helped train local doctors in urology.
- Fed 400 students school lunch every day for the year.
- Planned and hosted two Life Skills – HIV/AIDS Seminars for over 350 participants.
- Gave 15 volunteers the opportunity to participate in our work in Tanzania and Kenya.
As we move into 2011, we are hopeful that Knock will continue to grow and help even more people in underserved communities in Tanzania, Kenya, and possibly other countries. We ask that you join in our movement to provide sustainable change and life-changing opportunities that will allow people to lift themselves out of poverty.
There is no shortage of need and we look to you for continued support. Every single donation makes a world of difference.
We thank you so much for your support and wish you and yours a happy and healthy new year.
Michelle, Barry, Kim, Bruce, and David
Co-Founders and Directors, Knock Foundation