27 December 2011
It is hard to believe we are coming to the end of another year. It was a great year for Knock Foundation as we continue to grow and expand our reach in the developing world. As you reflect upon this year, we ask that you make a commitment to Knock Foundation so we can continue helping under-served populations in countries like Tanzania, Kenya, and Ethiopia. Below is a summary of all that was accomplished this year.
- Moved the 20 current children and welcomed 15 new children to the brand new Matumaini Child Care Center in Rau, Tanzania.
- Provided 18 deserving students with educational scholarships to varying primary and secondary schools.
- Sent a team of volunteers to the Maasai Mara in Kenya where they worked on construction of a new primary school.
- Donated a full shipping container of medical supplies to the Nyanza Provincial General Hospital in Kisumu, Kenya and also completed a second medical mission to the hospital.
- Arranged our 4th annual HIV/AIDS – Healthy Living Seminar for 150 participants in a new location in Tanzania.
- Hosted 17 volunteers from Teen Insight in Tanzania, where they worked with the students of Mrupanga and Longuo Primary Schools and completed a beautification project.
- Purchased 30 desks, hundreds of books, and built a playground at Tulivu Kindergarten in Tanzania.
- Provided school lunch for 400 students at Mrupanga Primary School and in October, added another 430 students from Longuo Primary School to our lunch program.
- Four Knock Directors completed intense physical challenges as fundraisers for Knock, raising a total of $55,000. Bruce hiked rim to rim in the Grand Canyon, Michelle swam a 5-mile ocean race in the Caribbean, Barry hiked to Little Meru and Kim hiked Mt. Meru to the summit.
As we transition into 2012, we at Knock Foundation are excited about new endeavors and possibilities in store for the organization. In addition to expanding our current projectsWe will be sponsoring a medical mission and school building trip to Ethiopia, further expanding our reach in eastern Africa.
Please join in our movement to provide sustainable change that will allow people to lift themselves out of poverty. Every donation makes a difference. Make your year-end donation today.
Thank you for your continued support. We wish you a happy and healthy new year.
Michelle, Barry, Bruce, David and Kim
Co-Founders and Directors, Knock Foundation